Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

I finally remembered to bring my camera to the farmer's market over the weekend so I thought I'd share some of the photos. I only took pictures of my booth and two of my neighbors' . . . one of these weeks I'll take some shots of the crazy animals people bring and the crazy tattoos they sport. Salt Lake LOVES tattoos and big, ugly dogs, let me tell ya.

Anyway, here are a few shots of my booth:
I got these black grid walls on KSL a few weeks ago . . . they've made a huge difference in my booth. I should have taken a before, but I didn't. Let's call this the "during" photo because I still have some improvements to make.
My friend Ryan of Jorgensen Design shared a teeeeeensy corner of my booth . . . I didn't even charge him for it. I know, pretty awesome of me.

That would be colored pencil on wood. He's pretty amazing.

Here is my neighbor to the East, Circles and Stones. Besides being obviously super talented, Christy is also super nice. She stands guard for me while I take like 3 bathroom breaks a day. It's only a 5 hour market. I can't help it.

She sets these beads herself, lets them dry over night, then grouts them. Seriously must take forever.
And to the West - actually my neighbor to the West changes every week. But this week it was shared by Nadia's Place and Polka Dots and Posies. When I see adorable stuff like this I am just happy I don't have any girls because I'm pretty sure I'd be broke (well, even more broke) if I did.


After the market I saw Moonrise Kingdom. I LOVED it. It was directed by Wes Anderson and was as fun to watch and interesting to look at as the rest of his films.
I think what made this movie better to me than the other Wes Anderson movies I've seen is that it is more relateable. It's every kids dream to just run away and survive. And to be in love. Good flick.


  


1 comment: